Bob's Bacon Wraped Stuffed Pork Chops for the Gril
- 8 slice
- bacon,(i used hickory flavored)
- thick boneless pork chops,(1 inch thick)
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, light
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh basil leaves
- 2 oz
- thinly sliced pepperoni.
- thin sliced smoked ham.
- 2 oz
- thin sliced provolone
- corse salt & pepper
- sprigs thyme.
How to Make Bob's Bacon Wraped Stuffed Pork Chops for the Gril
- 1In a mixing bowl mix olive oil with the bourbon and mix well. Place 8-12 tooth picks in the oil/bourbon and let soak wile stuffing pork chops.
Lay pork chops flat on a cutting board. Now cut a pocket in each chop,abought 2/3s through.
- 2Stuff each pork chop with 2 basil leaves a slice of ham a slice of pepperoni and a slice of cheese.
Set each pork chop on a platter. Brush each side with bourbon/oil mix.Lay a sprig of thyme on each pork chop. Wrap each chop with 2 slices of bacon,. Starting at the open side of the pocket..
- 3Pin each slice with an oiled tooth pick at the open end of the pocket.Set them back on the plater wile you get the grill ready.Season each side with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Set your grill to high heat.
- 4Once the grill is ready,(Don't forget to oil the greats of the grill.) Put pork chops on the grill on high heat. Grill abought 4 to 5 min perside,. When you turn the chops over brush with remaning bourbon/oil mix. When cooked through,(Abought 8 to 10 min).Return to the plater and let rest for 3 or 4 min.Befor serving. I serve mine with dirty rice. Oh so good.