BLONDIE'S ITALIAN MEATBALLS IN PASTA SAUCE
THE SAUCE RECIPE IS POSTED ON JAP. It is delish!
- 2 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb
- italian sausage, casing removed or bulk
- 4 clove
- garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium
- (about 1 cup) sweet yellow onion, finely minced
- 2 tsp
- caraway seeds, toasted in a dry pan till aromatic
- 3 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp
- dried basil
- 2 1/2 c
- fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1/4 c
- dried bread crumbs
- 3/4 c
- milk, tomato juice, or beef broth
- 3 large
- eggs, slightly whisked
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese (in the green can @ the grocery)
BLONDIE'S LIGHT AND EZ SPAGHETTI
How to Make BLONDIE'S ITALIAN MEATBALLS IN PASTA SAUCE
- 1In a large bowl, place meats.
- 2Prepare veggies and seeds as directed in ingredients list. Add to meat. Also add seasonings, bread crumbs, liquid (milk, juice, or broth), eggs and parmesan to bowl.
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Fold ingredients together with hands, until well incorporated. Form into large meatballs (about the size of whole tangerines.) Place on cookie sheet with sides to avoid an oven grease fire.
- 4Bake for 15 minutes. Turn once and bake for 10 minutes. They WILL NOT be totally done. Simmer in sauce for for 30 minutes.
RECIPE TO FOLLOW
- 5BLONDIE'S LIGHT AND EZ SPAGHETTI