Blanche's Pork Chops
- bone in pork chops (we like a thicker cut)
- onion sliced (or if you don't like onions, season your chops with onion powder)
- s&p to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- large potatoes (scrubbed, peeled and sliced thin)
- flour or corn starch to make gravy
- oilve oil for browning
How to Make Blanche's Pork Chops
- 1In a large skillet (be sure to use one that has a domed lid or use your electric skillet) heat a bit of oil for browning chops. Season pork chops with s&p, garlic powder (onion powder if you're suing it) otherwise, slice your onion and add the chops and onion slices to the pan. Brown the chops on both sides. After turning the chops and letting them brown on the down side, top the chops with the raw potato slices. Season the potatoes with s&p to taste. Add enough water to
come up half to three quarter of the way up the chops. Cover and cook on low hear until the potatoes are fork tender. Check the water to maintain the level, you may have to add a bit.
- 2Once the potatoes are cooked, remove the pork and potatoes (onions too if you are using them) to a serving dish and keep warm. Add a slurry of flour (or corn starch) and hot water to the pan drippings and make a pan gravy to serve.