BEST tortilla soup
(please note: photo shown is one from online but looks VERY similar).
- 1 lb
- bite sized pork bits
- 6 c
- chicken broth
- 14.08 oz
- canned diced tomatos
- jalepeno (de-veined and seeded)
- medium onion
- 1 bunch
- fresh cilantro (small fist full)
- 3 clove
- zucchini (diced)
- 1 can(s)
- drained pinto beans *optional, as i often make the recipe without beans
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/8 pkg
- angel hair pasta
- 2 c
- mexican cheese (chihuahua or other)
- tortilla chips (crumbled or in small strips)
- 1 or 2
- avocados (sliced on top for garnish)
How to Make BEST tortilla soup
- 1Combine chicken broth and pork bits and cook on medium high heat.
- 2In blender puree: diced tomatos, onion, garlic, cilantro, jalepeno (seeded and de-veined).
After pureed, combine with chicken broth.
- 3Add to pot: diced zuccini, corn, beans*, and break pasta into small bite sized pieces.
- 4Simmer soup until zuccinni is soft and pork is cooked through.
- 5Just before eating in individual bowls,top soup with tortilla chips, small handful of cheese, and squeeze half a lime.