Bell Pepper, Sausage and Rice Casserole
1 lbsausage (i prefer jc potter brand it is less greasy)
2 cminute rice
2 mediumgreen bell peppers
1 (12 oz) can(s)v-8 juice
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 (8 oz) can(s)tomato sauce, italian seasoned (basil, garlic & oregano)
1 (8oz) can(s)tomato sauce, roasted garlic seasoned
1 smallonion diced (1tbsp dried minced onion opt)
1 dash(es)black pepper
1/4 Tbspnature's seasoning
How to Make Bell Pepper, Sausage and Rice Casserole
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Prepare bell pepper slice off top and remove seeds. Slice the entire bell pepper in 1/4 inch slices. Dice the parts that are not perfect rings. Put the perfect rings to the side.
Dice yellow onion.
- Brown sausage and drain. At same time, prepare rice according to instructions on box.
- After rice is prepared add salt,pepper, margerine stir then add both cans of sauce worcestershire sauce (if adding dried onion add to this mixture) and sausage.
- Add a tablespoon of virgin olive oil to pan and saute the diced bell pepper and onions.
- add sauted onions and peppers to mixture.
- Line bell pepper slices along botton of a rectangle cake pan or casserole dish. Set left over rings that do not fit to the side.
- Spoon mixture over bell pepper rings and smooth out. press remaining rings on top. Place in oven bake for 30 mins.
- after 30 mins heat v-8 and nature's seasoning in the microwave 2 mins.
- Pour heated v-8 over mixture cover with foil return to oven 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.