Beef and Sausage Foldover
Other than the work you have to put into mixing the dough it is a pretty simple recipe.. :)
we have also tried topping it with lettice and tomatos for more of a "taco" meal. so we can get all the veggies in with the meal itself.
Hope you enjoy!
1/2 lbground beef
1/2 lbspicy pork sausage
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 can(s)(14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
4 1/2 coriginal bisquick® mix
1 cboiling water
1 cshredded mexican cheese blend
3/4 csour cream
3/4 cchunky salsa
·fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired
How to Make Beef and Sausage Foldover
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease large cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix and tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir Bisquick mix and boiling water with fork until dough forms. On surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix, roll dough in Bisquick mix to coat; knead 20 times. Divide dough into 6 balls, about 1/2 cup each. Roll or pat each ball into 7-inch round.
- Stir cheese into beef mixture.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup beef mixture onto half of each round. Moisten edge of round with water. Fold round over beef mixture; press edge with fork to seal.
- Cut 3 small slits in top of each crust to allow steam to escape. Carefully move to cookie sheet with spatula.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve each foldover with 2 tablespoons each sour cream and salsa. Garnish with cilantro.