- 1 large
- sweet onion, sliced
- 4 lb
- boneless country style pork loin ribs (or 4 lbs. turkey legs)
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 18 oz
- your favorite barbeque sauce
- ½ c
- sake (japanese rice wine)
How to Make BBQ Ribs Crock-Pot-Style
- 1Preheat oven's broiler and set oven rack about 6" from heat source.
- 2Set slow cooker on Medium, add sliced onions and cover.
- 3Place ribs on baking sheet, season with salt and ground black pepper, and place under preheated broiler until brown, about 5 minutes.
- 4Place browned ribs into preheated slow cooker with onion. Cover and cook 4 hours.
- 5After 4 hours, pour entire bottle of barbeque sauce over ribs and onions, pour wine into barbeque sauce bottle, shake and pour into slow cooker to capture all the BBQ goodness. Stir gently to combine wine and sauce. Cover and cook until tender, about another 4 hours.