BBQ Pulled Pork for 20 or more
- 10 lb
- pork loin, boneless
- 1/4 c
- adobo powder
- water to cover
- bbq sauce
How to Make BBQ Pulled Pork for 20 or more
- 1Remove as much fat as you can from the back of the loin using a large knife. I find that it is almost like peeling it off. Cut pork loin into 2 inch thick pieces that resemble a pork chop. Place in medium size electric roaster.
- 2sprinkle Adobo Seasoning over meat. Peel onion, cut in half and place in roaster. Cover with water. The amount will be different depending on how much meat you have and how big of a roaster you have.
- 3cook on 150 to 200 degrees for 15 hours, making sure that it stays covered with water. This is a long time to cook but cooking it on this low of a temperature makes it moist and tender.
- 4remove and discard onion. Remove meat from roaster, place in large bowl with a lid and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Discard all liquid.
- 5Turn roaster back on to 150 degrees. Use hands or fork to shred pork, removing as much fat as you can again at this point to keep the grease level down in our finished product.
- 6Cover with BBQ Sauce, personally I like Sweet Baby Ray's sauce that you can find in the institution size at Walmart, Meijer, or Sam's Club. I think I used about half of the bottle in this dish. Make sure to stir well to get everything covered.
- 7cook for 5 to 10 hours longer to cook the flavor through the meat. You can add more BBQ Sauce at any time if you feel it is necessary. Make sure you stir regularly and keep an eye on it so the sauce doesn't burn on the sides of the pan.
- 8Get ready for your party, turn roaster down to the lowest setting which will not be much lower than what you have been cooking it on. Serve with Hamburger Buns or other delicious breads. This is also very good by itself for those that do not eat breads.