Blackberry BBQ Ribs
- 1 1/2 c
- blackberry jam, seedless
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- fresh minced ginger, or ground ginger
- 2 tsp
- hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- ground pepper
- 1 pkg
- (4 to 5 pound) rack pork spareribs
- red pepper flakes ( optional )
How to Make Blackberry BBQ Ribs
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degree F. If grilling, disregard this. Preheat grill. Medium heat.
I baked mine and finished on the grill.
- 2In a food processor or blender, place blackberry jam, ketchup, brown sugar, ginger, hot sauce, and pepper; pulse until pureed.
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the prepared blackberry mixture and bring to a boil; boil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4In a large baking pan I baked for 40 minutes until well browned, turning ribs over at 20 minutes. Baste one side of ribs with 1/3 of prepared blackberry sauce; turn ribs sauce side down and cook 10 minutes or until sauce browns and forms a thick, sticky glaze. Baste top of ribs with 1/3 of blackberry sauce, turn over, and cook and additional 10 minutes or until sauce browns and forms a thick, sticky glaze.
When finished, I grilled 5 minutes per side basting one more time each side. I doubled the sauce also. As I made more than one slab of ribs. I store remaining sauce in a jar in the refrigerator.
Sometimes I do the whole cooking process on the grill. Depends how hot the weather is. Either way they are delicious!
I have also used this sauce for pork in the crock pot. Also, it is good on chicken...