★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 5 inch (10-12 ounce) smoked sausages
- 1 medium
- 10 oz frozen fordhook lima beans
- 14 1/2 oz can of stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 c
- firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Barbecued Smoked Sausage and Lima Beans
- 11. In a heavy 9 inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. With fork pierce sausages all over several times. Add sausages and stirring onion occassionally , until lightly browned- about 4 minutes.
- 2Add lima beans, tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, chili powder, ginger, and salt; cover and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low and cook stirring occassionally, until limas are tender- 10-12 minutes.
- 3To serve with tongs, lift sausages and arrange on top of beans. Serve from skillet.