Barbecue Style Ribs
How to Make Barbecue Style Ribs
- 1In covered grill arrange medium hot coals around a drip pan.
- 2Test for medium heat above pan.
- 3Place ribs on grill rack over drip pan but not over coals.
- 4Lower grill hood. Grill for 1 hour.
- 5PREPARE SAUCE: In a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- 6Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, mustard, celery seed, 1/2 cup water and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 7Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Brush ribs with sauce.
- 9Grill ribs about 30 minutes more or until well done, brushing occasionally with sauce.
- 10Pass remaining sauce with ribs.