Barbecue Style Ribs
2.5 lbpork ribs, country style
1 conion, chopped
1garlic clove, minced
1 Tbspcooking oil
8 oztomato sauce
1/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3 Tbsplemon juice
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1/2 tspcelery seed
How to Make Barbecue Style Ribs
- In covered grill arrange medium hot coals around a drip pan.
- Test for medium heat above pan.
- Place ribs on grill rack over drip pan but not over coals.
- Lower grill hood. Grill for 1 hour.
- PREPARE SAUCE: In a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, mustard, celery seed, 1/2 cup water and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brush ribs with sauce.
- Grill ribs about 30 minutes more or until well done, brushing occasionally with sauce.
- Pass remaining sauce with ribs.