Barbecue Style Ribs
- 2.5 lb
- pork ribs, country style
- 1 c
- onion, chopped
- garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 8 oz
- tomato sauce
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- celery seed
How to Make Barbecue Style Ribs
- 1In covered grill arrange medium hot coals around a drip pan.
- 2Test for medium heat above pan.
- 3Place ribs on grill rack over drip pan but not over coals.
- 4Lower grill hood. Grill for 1 hour.
- 5PREPARE SAUCE: In a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- 6Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, mustard, celery seed, 1/2 cup water and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 7Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Brush ribs with sauce.
- 9Grill ribs about 30 minutes more or until well done, brushing occasionally with sauce.
- 10Pass remaining sauce with ribs.