Baked Ziti with Sausage Peppers and Onions
- 2 cans each of hunts suaces (four cheese, traditional,sausage, garlic and herb, basil and garlic, garlic and onion
- 20 sausage links (i used half hot and half mild)
- 4 very large green peppers
- 2 very large onions
- 1 8oz bag of shredded mozzerella cheese
- salt pepper garlic powder onion powder to taste
- 1 1/2 c parmesan cheese
- 4 1lb boxes ziti
- 1 12 0z bag shredded mozzerella
How to Make Baked Ziti with Sausage Peppers and Onions
- 1Bake sausage in oven on 350 until completely cooked thru. Then slice each link on the diagonal into bite size pieces
- 2In large pot on stove top add all sauces and bring to a boil. Once at a boil lower heat to a simmer.
- 3Add mozzerella cheese and parmesan cheese and seasonings
- 4Cut peppers into 1/2 inch strips and add to sauce
- 5Cut onions into medium sized chunks and add to sauce
- 6Add sausage to sauce. Continue to simmer sauce several hours until all flavors blend together well
- 7In a seperate large pot boil enough water for the pasta. add oil to boil water and then add pasta. stir well and cook to al dente only
- 8Drain pasta and ladle out some of the sauce into the bottom of a large baking pan Dont put sausage in ). Add some pasta and toss in sauce, continue this till all pasta has been added using additinal sauce when needed.
- 9Sprinkle parmesan cheese over entire top of pasta and then sprinkle mozzerella on top to completely cover. Cover pan with tin foil making tent in center.
- 10Bake in preheated 350 degree oven till heated thru and cheese is melted.
- 11Serve pasta topped with additional sauce, sausge and peppers and onions.
- 12Add a salad and some homemade garlic parmesan rolls for a perfect meal