Baked Ziti with Sausage Peppers and Onions
·2 cans each of hunts suaces (four cheese, traditional,sausage, garlic and herb, basil and garlic, garlic and onion
·20 sausage links (i used half hot and half mild)
·4 very large green peppers
·2 very large onions
·1 8oz bag of shredded mozzerella cheese
·salt pepper garlic powder onion powder to taste
·1 1/2 c parmesan cheese
·4 1lb boxes ziti
·1 12 0z bag shredded mozzerella
How to Make Baked Ziti with Sausage Peppers and Onions
- Bake sausage in oven on 350 until completely cooked thru. Then slice each link on the diagonal into bite size pieces
- In large pot on stove top add all sauces and bring to a boil. Once at a boil lower heat to a simmer.
- Add mozzerella cheese and parmesan cheese and seasonings
- Cut peppers into 1/2 inch strips and add to sauce
- Cut onions into medium sized chunks and add to sauce
- Add sausage to sauce. Continue to simmer sauce several hours until all flavors blend together well
- In a seperate large pot boil enough water for the pasta. add oil to boil water and then add pasta. stir well and cook to al dente only
- Drain pasta and ladle out some of the sauce into the bottom of a large baking pan Dont put sausage in ). Add some pasta and toss in sauce, continue this till all pasta has been added using additinal sauce when needed.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over entire top of pasta and then sprinkle mozzerella on top to completely cover. Cover pan with tin foil making tent in center.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven till heated thru and cheese is melted.
- Serve pasta topped with additional sauce, sausge and peppers and onions.
- Add a salad and some homemade garlic parmesan rolls for a perfect meal