★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 lbsweet or hot italian sausage (your choice)
3 can(s)diced tomatoes (14 oz. ea.)
3 can(s)mushrooms (4 -6 oz. ea.)
1 lbpasta, uncooked (penne, ziti, or similar)
2 cmozzarella cheese (shredded)
How to Make Baked Spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 350
- Remove sausage from casings and brown in a large pot, break apart sausage, as it cooks, into bite size chunks.
- While sausage is cooking, cook your pasta according to package directions for al dente, drain and set aside.
- After sausage has browned add all the tomatoes and mushrooms into the pot with the sausage. Allow the (sauce) to simmer for about 20 mins, longer if you like.
- In a 2qt. baking dish, place half the pasta and sprinkle a handful of mozzerella over top, then add remaining pasta. Add the sausage (sauce) over the pasta, making sure to get every drop of it in there.
- The broth from the sausage tomatoes will cook into the pasta and finish up it's cooking time, so be sure and get all the liguid into the dish ;p.
- Add the remaining cheese over top of sausage and cook (covered) for 30 mins. Remove cover and cook an additional 10 mins., or until cheese is nicely browned.
- This recipes makes more than my family of four can eat in one setting, but the leftovers are much better the next day! Also, it freezes very well, I don't add the cheese until I'm ready to cook if frozen.
- Enjoy!!! ...and Mangia!!