Baked Sausage and Green Bean Alfredo
I also find the spinach/asiago cheese chicken sausage links at Sam's Club, but you could use another flavor of pre-cooked sausage that would lend itself to the alfredo sauce. If you have a favorite sausage that doesn't come pre-cooked, just cook separately prior to adding to sauce.
I made this for the first time last night. It was an experiment and our family loved it, so I thought I'd share. I'll try to remember to take a picture to upload next time, but I have to tell you, with the color of the veggies and all, it was a pretty dish too!
1 lbpenne pasta
1 lbfresh french green beans, cut into thirds
1-15oz jar(s)bertolli alfredo sauce
1vidalia onion, finely chopped
3-7 clovefresh garlic, diced (to taste)
To Tastespice islands pizza & pasta sicilian style seasoning
To Tastefresh ground pepper & sea salt
1-14oz can(s)diced tomatoes, with juice
10 linksspinach & asiago cheese chicken sausage, sliced (comes pre-cooked)
To Tastefreshly grated parmigiano-reggiano
How to Make Baked Sausage and Green Bean Alfredo
- In large pot, cook pasta and beans in boiling water for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Empty pot into strainer, rinse pot, return to medium heat burner.
- Add jar of sauce, onion, garlic, and other seasonings to pot to heat, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes or until sauce begins to cook onions, etc.
- Drain juice from tomatoes into sauce jar, put lid on and shake to mix in any sauce remaining in jar. Pour into sauce.
- Add tomatoes to sauce.
- Taste to assess seasoning and cook for several minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add sliced sausage and cook several more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cover pot and bake in 350-degree oven for 45 minutes.