Baked Italian Sausage and Potatoes
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- fresh not smoked sausage (i use mix of hot and sweet italian)
- 3 lb
- baking potatoes
- 1 large
- 2 large
- cloves of minced garlic
- 1 bunch
- or to taste..fresh or dry rosemary
- 3 large
- bell peppers (i mix up colors)
- olive oil
How to Make Baked Italian Sausage and Potatoes
- 1I prefer to parboil the potatoes after scrubbing well. Then cut into chunks...not too small
While potatoes are boiling, cut sausage into pieces. My preference is about one inch or so.
- 2Add coating of olive oil and minced garlic to large baking pan, add potatoes and rosemary and toss in pan to lightly cover potatoes.
Add sausage chunks and again toss to make sure the meat is also lightly covered with the rosemary.
- 3Bake in 425 degree oven, in about a half hour turn the potatoes and sausage for even browning.
At this time add the peppers and onions to the mix and toss in with meat and potatoes.
Potatoes should be crisp and golden but not overdone. Sausage obviously should be well-cooked but not overdone. Adding the onions and peppers later keeps them from overcooking.
- 4Serve with salad and fresh bread and you have a filling and delicious meal.
PS, on a personal note...I don't find it as good the next day.
This is just a simple meal that you can adjust with your own preference in sausage as well as veggies but this is our family version.