★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 l
- diet or regular ginger ale
- 12 oz
- diet or regular maple syrup
- oranges with peels, cut into quarters
- apples with skins, cored & cut into quarters
- 2 tsp
- file powder (spice)
- whole ham
- 1 to 2 c
- reserved liquid
- 1/4 c
- sugar free or regular brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- regular mustard
DAY 1 OF PREPARATION:
DAY 2 OF PREPARATION:
How to Make BAKED HAM
- 1DIRECTIONS FOR DAY 1....
- 2Put above ingredients in a large pot with ham. Simmer "uncovered" for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 3Keep turning ham & baste frequently. Do not cover!
- 4Remove ham from pot & refrigerate overnight. Reserve liquid in a sealed container & refrigerate also.
- 5DIRECTIONS FOR DAY 2....
- 6Combine above ingredients & pour over ham in a baking dish.
- 7Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees for 30 minutes to 1 hour, basting occasionally.
- 8Remove from oven; cover with foil & let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.