How to Make Bacon Explosion
- Create a 5"×5" bacon weave. Make sure your bacon weave is tight and that you end up with a nice square shape to work with.
- Add some barbecue seasoning on top of the bacon weave.
- Take two pounds of Italian sausage and layer it directly on top of your bacon weave. Be sure to press the sausage to the outer edges of the bacon creating a patty that is the same thickness all the way across.
- Take the remaining bacon slices and fry them up the same way you would for breakfast. Crumble or chop the cooked strips into bite size pieces and place on top of the sausage layer.
- Take Bar B Que sauce and drizzle it all over the top of the bacon pieces.
- Once you’ve sauced the bacon, sprinkle on some more of the Bar Be Que seasoning you used on the bacon weave.
- Very carefully separate the front edge of the sausage layer from the bacon weave and begin rolling backwards. You want to include all layers EXCEPT the bacon weave in your roll. Try and keep the sausage as tight as possible and be sure to release any air pockets that may have formed. Once the sausage is fully rolled up, pinch together the seams and ends to seal all of the bacon goodness inside.
- To complte the constuction process, roll the sausage forward completely wrapping it in the bacon weave. Make sure it sits with the seam facing downward to help keep it all sealed up.
- Sprinkle some Bar B Que seasoning on the outside of the bacon weave.
- Place a thermometer into the thickest part of the meat. Bake on a rack inside of a roasting pan, to allow the grease to drip. Bake at 375 degrees for one hour or until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees.
- Glaze with Bar B Que sauce, slice and serve.