★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 medium
- boneless pork chops
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 oz
- real bacon bits (half of a 3 oz package)
- 1 c
- bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- chopped green onions to garnish
How to Make Bacon Cheddar Pork Chops
- 1preheat oven to 400.
- 2set out 2 pie dishes, or similar dish. in 1 whisk together the eggs and milk.
- 3in the other, mix together the bacon bits, bread crumbs and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- 4dip the pork chops in the egg/milk mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- 5shake of any excess crumbs and then dip back into the egg/mix mixture again.
- 6dridge in the breadcrumb combination and press the mixture into each side.
- 7spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and place the pork chops in.
- 8cast iron works best as it helps crisp the crust better, but its not a necessity if you don't have one.
- 9sprinkle on any remaining breadcrumb mixture and press down lightly.
- 10bake for 30 minutes, carefully flipping over halfway through cooking.
- 11sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and return to the oven for 2 minutes, just enough to melt the cheese.
- 12garnish with chopped green onions,