Baby Back Ribs and Corn1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 Tbspbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 Tbspgarlic powder
1 Tbspred pepper flakes
4 lbbaby back pork ribs
2/3 colive oil
1/2 cbarbecue sauce, prepared
1 cbasil leaves
How to Make Baby Back Ribs and Corn
- Day before serving, dry rub ribs and prepare basil oil.
- Prepare dry rub: In small bowl, combine sugar, garlic powder, paprika, black and red peppers, salt and allspice.
- Place ribs on rimmed baking sheet and evenly sprinkle dry rub over both sides of ribs.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare basil oil: In food processor fitted with chopping blade, puree basil, parsley, and olive oil until very smooth--3 to 5 minutes.
- Set aside 1/2 hour.
- Strain basil oil into glass jar with lid.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Do not store at room temperature.
- Next day, heat indoor or outdoor grill to medium.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Grill ribs 6 inches above grill rack 25 minutes.
- Turn ribs and grill 20 to 30 minutes longer or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, carefully peel back husks of corn, leaving husks attached at the stalk end.
- Remove silk.
- Rinse corn, moistening husks thoroughly.
- Brush corn kernels with basil oil.
- Pull husks back into place.
- Grill corn in husks back into place.
- Grill corn in husks 15 to 18 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure uniform cooking.
- Serve pork ribs with warmed barbecue sauce and grilled corn with remaining basil oil.
- Refrigerate any leftover basil: use within 2 days.