Authentic Italian Feast Style- Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- 8 links
- hot or sweet italian sausage
- red bell peppers cut into strips
- medium onions cut into strips
- 2-3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- italian bread
How to Make Authentic Italian Feast Style- Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- 1Although you can broil or pan fry them, authentic feast style sausages are always grilled outside in the open air until well browned.
- 2Place sliced peppers and onions into a saucepan over medium heat, top with oregano and parsley, sprinkle with salt and black pepper and then drizzle with your olive oil.
- 3Be sure to stir this mixture every few minutes and continue to cook until the peppers and onions and soft but not mushy. (Approximately 20 minutes)
- 4Slice your fresh Italian bread in half lengthwise and place 2 sausages into the fold. Top with enough sausage and peppers to fill. Go ahead and make them messy, they're more fun that way!
- 5Serve and enjoy immediately.