Arroz con Grandules (Rice and Pigeon Peas)
How to Make Arroz con Grandules (Rice and Pigeon Peas)
- In a pot, add 4 cups of water and meat to a boil, then cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain sofrito to the pot and add 1 cup of water.
- Add grandules and bring to a boil.
- Wash rice, add to the pot and stir. (Taste liquid, if more salt, etc is needed add it now)
- Boil for about 10 minutes, or until the liquid on top forms little holes.
- Stir 1-2x to make sure it's not sticking. (stirring more will cause your rice to be sticky).
- Turn heat down to low, cover tightly and cook for 15-20 minutes. DO NOT OPEN LID OR STIR.
- Serve while hot with your favourite bread and enjoy.