Apricot Pork Loin
★★★★★ 1 vote5
12 sliceleft over pork loin
3 Tbspolive oil
2 slicewhole grain bread or whatever you have
How to Make Apricot Pork Loin
- Take the left over Pork loin and slice into 1/4"-1/2" thick. Arrange towards the center of a rimmed and oiled baking dish.
- Crumble two pieces of bread into a blender and pulse it just as many times to get small bread crumbs. Add 1 Tablespoon Olive oil to the bread crumbs by drizzling and pulsing long enough to moisten the bread crumbs. Set aside crumb mixture in a bowl and rinse out the blender.
- Pour into the sink, about 3/4 th's of the apricot juice from the can and pour remaining contents into the blender. Pulse until it appears chopped.
- Salt and pepper each side, of each slice of pork. Spoon the apricot mixture onto the pork slices letting it run over the sides. Pat the bread crumb mixture onto the apricot dressing. Use leftover apricot mixture and dab around the outside of the pork slice grouping in pan. This is to help seal in moisture. Pork heated twice is starting to dry out. By putting the apricot dressing on top of, around the sides and again around the outside of all of them, re-moistens the meat nicely.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, or long enough to get it heated thoroughly for the last time.
Yumm yumm delicious. Three very good meals from one Pork Loin!