Apple Pork Chop Bake
6boneless pork chops
3apples, peeled and sliced
1/4 c(1/2 stick) butter
1/8 csplenda/brown sugar blend
1 tspcinnamon, divided
1/2 tspnutmeg, divided
1/2 Tbspcornstarch, optional
·sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
·fresh rosemary, chopped ( garnish )
How to Make Apple Pork Chop Bake
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place sliced apples in the bottom of a large baking dish
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Place pork chops on top of apple slices
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter and Splenda/brown sugar blend, whisking until melted and incorporated
- Stir in remaining cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Also whisk in cornstarch, if using. (Cornstarch isn’t essential, only for if you want a thicker glaze.)
- Then place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until pork is cooked through.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh rosemary and enjoy.