Anaheim Chili Relleno with Chorizo Cheese Sauce
- 4 large
- anaheim chilies seeded
- 2 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese or any mexican melty cheese shredded
- 1 lb
- chorizo casings removed
- 2 can(s)
- rotel tomatoes i used lime cilantro
- 2 clove
- 1 Tbsp
- beef bouillon
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- sour cream
How to Make Anaheim Chili Relleno with Chorizo Cheese Sauce
- 1Place the chilies under the broiler and let the skin char on all sides. Remove to a paper bag. Close the bag and let the chilies cool and steam for a half an hour. Remove from bag and gently remove the charred skin trying to keep the pepper intact.
- 2Stuff the pepper with the shredded cheese enclosing the end with a tooth pick. Place in sprayed baking dish.
- 3Brown the chorizo in a skillet until done. Drain. Sprinkle over the chilies. Add the cans of tomatoes, garlic, and beef bouillon to food process. Process until smooth. Pour over chilies.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Sprinkle top with more shredded cheese. Bake another 5 minutes until cheese has melted. Top with sour cream Garnish with cilantro and serve.