Aloha Sausage and Peppers
I did not want to run to the store so I just rummaged through the freezer and fridge and this was the result.
I really wanted to take a picture but I could not keep my teenagers from eating it out of the pan while it was cooking. I had one kid on each side...fork in hand.
I served it with coconut rice and a fruit salad of mandarin oranges, kiwi, itty bitty strawberries from my garden and tiny champagne grapes.
The whole meal was delish!
- evergood pineapple sausages
- red bell peppers
- orange or yellow bell peppers
- sweet onion, such as walla walla or vidalia
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 6 Tbsp
- red pepper jelly, i used trader joe's
- 2 Tbsp
- orange juice
- salt and pepper, to taste, if desired.
How to Make Aloha Sausage and Peppers
- 3While veggies are cooking slice the sausages into 1 inch slices. I sliced them on the bias. Makes the pieces look nice and much larger.
When veggies are crisp-tender add the sliced sausages to the pan.
Continue to cook until sausages have browned a bit. Stir and flip as needed.
This may sound long, but it was really only minutes!