All-In-One Sausage And Zucchini Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2-3 Tbspolive oil
1.5 lbground chuck
3zucchinis, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
4garlic cloves, chopped
1 clong grain rice, uncooked
14.5 can(s)tomatoes, chopped
2 tspfennel seeds
1/2 tspred pepper flakes
1 Tbspfresh basil leaves
1 Tbspfresh rosemary
1pepper, freshly ground
3 cchicken broth
1 cfreshly grated parmesan cheese
How to Make All-In-One Sausage And Zucchini Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large 5 quart dutch oven.
- Add the ground chuck and sausage.
- Brown. Drain and set aside.
- In the dutch oven in the oil, saute the zucchini, garlic, and onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the rice and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, fennel, red pepper flakes, basil, rosemary, salt, pepper and chicken broth.
- Heat through until just to the boil.
- Stir in the meat.
- Transfer to a rectangular baking dish.
- Top with the parmesan cheese and bake 1 hour.
- Top with additional parmesan cheese if desired, when served.
- Maybe made 1 to 2 days ahead. The casserole freezes. Defrost and reheat.