A TRADITIONAL DUBLIN CODDLE
- 5-6 medium
- potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 or 2 medium
- onions, sliced thinly
- good quality sausages, smoked
- rashers of bacon
- chopped parsley
- 2 c
How to Make A TRADITIONAL DUBLIN CODDLE
- 1In a heavy saucepan, layer the potatoes, onion, sausage, and bacon until all ingredients are used, finishing with a layer of potato and parsley.
May brown the sausage and bacon first before adding to saucepan with potatoes and onions.
- 2Pour 2 cups of water over the mixture and heat over medium heat. NEVER boil a coddle!
- 3Heat slowly and gently for about 2 hours until all the flavors have blended and the potatoes are cooked through.