5 Ingredient Pork Chili
How to Make 5 Ingredient Pork Chili
- 1Roast jalapeno peppers in the oven on low heat until slightly blackened. (Use more or less according to taste)
- 2While roasting peppers, cut pork into bite-size pieces and cut onion into whatever size is desired. Make sure you have a very sharp knife or this could take a long time to do.
- 3When the onion and pork are cut up, put them together in a deep chili pot and brown on medium heat. Usually around 30 minutes or so. Stir often. We do not drain any fat drippings.
- 4When peppers are done, (using gloves) cut peppers into pieces and take the seeds out and skin off if desired. We choose to leave skin and seeds in the mix.
- 5After you are done cutting up the peppers, add them to the onion and pork in the chili pot. Let the mixture cook for 15 minutes or so. Stir often.
- 6Add the tomatoes by shredding them into pieces with your fingers. Discard juice.
- 7Add enough water to just cover all the ingredients in the pot. This is when you add the garlic salt to taste. Let chili simmer for 2-3 hours or until the pork is very tender. You may need to add more water and garlic salt during the cooking process.
Serve over bean and cheese burritos, black beans, or just eat it plain. We have also eaten it over scrambled eggs or just with a plain tortilla.
- 8Enjoy a delicious meal and an intoxicating aroma throughout your house!