Tina's Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
We use the No Cook Pizza Sauce that I have posted on JAP, We also put thinly sliced seeded Roma tomatoes on top of the sauce and raw thinly sliced cloves of garlic on prior to the final cheese layer. These two minor and trivial additions make the flavor pop to the next level. Don't fry the sausage! Poach in a bit of water for a more tender sausage.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/2 oz
- dry active yeast
- 1 c
- warm milk (110 degrees)
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp
- 2 1/2 c
- whole wheat flour
How to Make Tina's Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm milk. Rest to bloom for 10 minutes.
- 2Add honey, oil and salt. Mix in flour. Let stand 90 minutes ( to soften the whole wheat bran bits)
- 3Meanwhile preheat your oven to 425 degrees with the pizza stone placed in the mid to lower 1/3 level of the oven. Preheat stone 20-30 minutes.
- 4Gently punch down dough. Knead in a stand mixer on speed 2 for 4 minutes or by hand for 8-10 minutes.
- 5Prep your toppings. Slice the mushrooms, slice or shred the cheeses, remove casings if needed, crumble and poach the sausage etc.
- 6Divide in two. Freeze one half for later. Form into a ball and rest on a large piece of parchment paper, covered for 10 minutes. Roll out in to a pizza size crust. (14-16 inches)
- 7Dock crust with a fork (poking holes across the bottom of the crust with a fork to prevent puffing) Slide parchment on to stone and pre-bake crust for 10 minutes
- 8top with sauce, mushrooms, sausage, cheese...etc. Return parchment to stone and bake an additional 10 minutes.