Taco Pizza My Way
1 lbpizza dough
1 canrefried beans
1/2 ctaco sauce, i used medium heat, plus extra for garnish
2 tspseasoning salt, i use lawry's brand
1 lbground beef
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
2roma tomatoes, chopped
2 cshredded lettuce
1 canblack olives, sliced(an egg slicer makes this fast and easy)
2/3 csour cream
How to Make Taco Pizza My Way
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Press pizza dough onto a greased large baking sheet, I used a half sheet pan size. Go slow and keep working the dough to the edges until it mostly stays in place. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until cooked and browned.
- While dough is baking, in a medium sauce pan combine beans, taco sauce, and seasoning salt. Heat on medium heat until hot. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook ground beef, drain any excess grease. Add taco seasoning mix and whatever amount of water it calls for. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- On cooked crust spread bean mixture evenly all the way to the edges. Sprinkle taco meat evenly over bean mixture. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top evenly. Place in oven for about 4-8 minutes, just until cheese just starts to melt. Remove from oven.
- Cut pizza into 16 pieces. Now sprinkle lettuce, then tomatoes, then olives.
- Place sour cream in a quart size ziplock bag. Snip a bottom corner. Squeeze sour cream evenly over top in a zig zag fashion. If desired, also do the same with taco sauce. Note: I use a taco sauce that comes in a squeeze bottle so it makes it easy.