Easy-Cheesy Herb Pizza Dough
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cwarm water (between 105-110ºf)
2 tspactive dry yeast
2 1/2 cbread flour, divided
1/4 tspground himalayan sea salt
1 Tbspitalian seasoning
1 Tbspdried rosemary
1 1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 cshredded cheese, such as monterey jack habañero
2 Tbspextra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the bowl
·corn meal, for dusting
How to Make Easy-Cheesy Herb Pizza Dough
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, mix together yeat, water and honey; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to proof until mixture is foamy and bubbly.
- In the meantime, combine in a medium bowl, 2 cups flour, salt Italian seasoning, rosemary, garlic powder and cheese. Reserve the remaining ½ cup of bread flour on the side.
- Insert the dough hook; pour olive oil and 2 cups flour mixture to the yeast (reserv ½ cup). Mix on speed 2 for 2 minutes. Increase to speed 3 and continue mixing by adding 1 tbsp. of remaining flour at a time until dough ball forms and cling to the dough hook, cleaning the sides of the bowl. Increase speed to 4 and kneed for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat a large bowl with olive oil; set aside. Transfer dough to the work surface and form a ball by folding under. Place it to the prepared bowl and turn to coat with oil from the bowl; cover with a tea towel. Transfer bowl to an unheated oven for 1 hour until doubled in volume.
- Punch dough to deflate, form a ball by folding under, turn it over and transfer back to the oven for another rise of 1 hour, covered with tea towel.
- Punch once again and transfer onto a work surface sprinkled with flour. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces and form 2 balls by folding under. Place one ball on the floured mat, flour the rolling pin and roll into a 14-inch diameter.
- Preheat oven to 500ºF. Transfer each rolled dough onto a corn meal dusted pizza pans. Add pizza sauce, leaving about 1-inch around the edge and adding toppings of your choice. Transfer topped pizza to preheated oven and bake for 7-12 minutes or until dough is lightly browned and crisp.