This recipe was posted on a cooking site by a member named Dutchie326. I added my photo.
- 1-12 oz
- package uncooked egg noodles
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 large
- cloves garlic-minced
- 4 c
- zucchini-peeled and shredded
- 1 c
- milk-whole or reduced fat-not skim
- 8 oz
- low fat cream cheese-cubed
- 1/2 c
- fresh basil-chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese-a must
How to Make Zucchini Alfredo
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 2Add egg noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- 3Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 4Stir in garlic, and cook 2 minutes.
- 5Mix in zucchini, and cook 10 minutes, until some of the moisture has evaporated.
- 6Pour the milk into the skillet, and stir in cream cheese until melted. Mix in basil.
- 7Season with salt and pepper, and add the Parmesan cheese. Serve over the cooked egg noodles.