·my favorite sauce (i previously posted) or your own sauce with meatballs
1 cgrated parmesan cheese
1 cricotta cheese
8 ozmozzarella cheese, cut in small dice
How to Make Ziti al Forno (Baked Ziti)
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add the ziti and salt to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until the ziti is al dente, tender yet firm to the bite.
- Drain the ziti and put it in a large bowl. Toss it with about 3 cups of my favorite sauce (or your own)and half the grated cheese. Cut the meatballs from my favorite sauce into quarters or halves and add.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon half the ziti into a shallow 3-1/2 quart baking dish. Spread the ricotta on top and sprinkle with the mozzarella and half of the remaining grated cheese. Pour on 1 cup of the sauce. Top with the remaining ziti and another cup of sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 to 30 minutes longer or until the center is hot and the sauce is bubbling around the edges. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.