Zippy Baked Ziti
- 1 lb
- cooked ziti (or penne) pasta, cooked al dente
- 3 1/2 c
- mmmarinara sauce (see recipe, or use pre-made)
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 c
- grated romano cheese
- 1 lb
- fresh mozzarella (1/2 lb cubed, 1/2 lb sliced)
- 2 dash(es)
- black pepper
- 1 pinch
- crushed red pepper
How to Make Zippy Baked Ziti
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, toss cooked pasta with the Mmmarinara sauce, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, all of the Romano, and the mozzarella cubes.
- 3Season with the red pepper and black pepper to taste. Mix well.
- 4Transfer the pasta mix into an oiled 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover the top of the pasta with the mozzarella slices, and sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top.
- 5Bake until lightly browned, approximately 30 minutes.