☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 3/4 c
- loosely packed fresh baby spinach
- 6 oz
- provolone cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp
- oilive oil
- 1 small
- jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 3 clove
- garlic, pressed
- 2 can(s)
- diced tomatoes with onions, undrained (14.5 oz cans)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pkg
- small frozen cheese ravioli (about 65) (24 oz)
- 1/3 c
- heavy whipping cream
How to Make Zesty Ravioli Skillet
- 1Wash spinach in large Stainless Mesh Colander; drain. Grate cheese using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with grating blade. Set aside spinach and cheese.
- 2Add oil to (12-in./30-cm) Skillet; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Finely chop jalapeño with Food Chopper. Add jalapeño to Skillet; cook and stir 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Press garlic into Skillet with Garlic Press; cook and stir 15-20 seconds or until fragrant.
- 3Add tomatoes, salt and black pepper to Skillet; cook and stir with Bamboo Spatula 1-2 minutes or until simmering. Add ravioli; stir to coat. Cook, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir cream into Skillet. Cook, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or until simmering. Sprinkle spinach over ravioli; cook, covered, 1 minute or until spinach starts to wilt.
- 4Remove Skillet from heat. Top with cheese; cover Skillet and let stand 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 5Cook's Tips:
Half and half can be substituted for the heavy whipping cream, if desired.
Wear plastic gloves when working with jalapeño peppers. The juice from the peppers can create a burning sensation on the skin.
For a dish with more heat, do not seed the jalapeño pepper.
If desired, a 24-oz (700-g) package of large cheese-filled ravioli can be substituted for the small ravioli. Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) water to Skillet with tomatoes. Increase ravioli cook time to 8 minutes in Step 3.