Yummy Taco's In Pasta Shells
- 12 oz
- dried jumbo shell pasta
- 16 ounce jars salsa (medium or hot)
- 2 1/2 lb
- of lean ground beef
- 6 oz
- cream cheese, cut up
- 2 tsp
- chilli powder or to own taste
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- choped tomato (optional)
- broken corn chips (optional)
How to Make Yummy Taco's In Pasta Shells
- 1Preheat your oven to 350
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions;drain and rince with cold water and drain again. Set aside
- 3Divide about 1 cup of salsa between two ungreased 2-quart retangular baking dishes, spreading evenly and set aside.
- 4In a extra large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until brown and drain off fat.
- 5Stir in cream cheese and chili powder and let cool slightly.
- 6Spoon meat mixture into cooked pasta shells and arrange filled shells on top of salsa in prepared dishes and top with remaining salsa.
- 7Cover both dishes with foil and place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- 8Pull dishes out of oven and take off foil and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 9Close oven and bake uncovered for about 15 minutes more or until heated through.
- 10Remove from oven and if desired, sprinkle with tomato and serve immediately.
- 11NOTE: My grandchildren like them sprinkled with some broken corn chips on top.