Yummy Taco's In Pasta Shells
12 ozdried jumbo shell pasta
216 ounce jars salsa (medium or hot)
2 1/2 lbof lean ground beef
6 ozcream cheese, cut up
2 tspchilli powder or to own taste
1 1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
·choped tomato (optional)
·broken corn chips (optional)
How to Make Yummy Taco's In Pasta Shells
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Cook pasta according to package directions;drain and rince with cold water and drain again. Set aside
- Divide about 1 cup of salsa between two ungreased 2-quart retangular baking dishes, spreading evenly and set aside.
- In a extra large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until brown and drain off fat.
- Stir in cream cheese and chili powder and let cool slightly.
- Spoon meat mixture into cooked pasta shells and arrange filled shells on top of salsa in prepared dishes and top with remaining salsa.
- Cover both dishes with foil and place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Pull dishes out of oven and take off foil and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Close oven and bake uncovered for about 15 minutes more or until heated through.
- Remove from oven and if desired, sprinkle with tomato and serve immediately.
- NOTE: My grandchildren like them sprinkled with some broken corn chips on top.