★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 cuncooked elbow macaroni
6 Tbspbutter, cold. divided
8 ozsharp american cheese found in your deli
1 1/3 csmall curd cottage cheese
2/3 csour cream
2 cshredded cheddar cheese
1 cbutter flavored crackers crushed
How to Make Yummy Mac and cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and put in a 9x13 pan sprayed with pam.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in sauce pan. Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Slowly add milk and bring to boil. Stir and boil for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat and add sharp American cheese. Stir until melted. Add cottage cheese and sour cream. Stir
- Pour on top of macaroni and stir to coat. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle crushed crackers on top of shredded cheddar cheese. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and pour on top of crushed crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and enjoy