★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 1/2 c
- uncooked elbow macaroni
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, cold. divided
- 1/4 c
- 2 c
- 8 oz
- sharp american cheese found in your deli
- 1 1/3 c
- small curd cottage cheese
- 2/3 c
- sour cream
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c
- butter flavored crackers crushed
How to Make Yummy Mac and cheese
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and put in a 9x13 pan sprayed with pam.
- 2Melt 4 tablespoons butter in sauce pan. Add flour and stir until smooth.
- 3Slowly add milk and bring to boil. Stir and boil for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Reduce heat and add sharp American cheese. Stir until melted. Add cottage cheese and sour cream. Stir
- 5Pour on top of macaroni and stir to coat. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle crushed crackers on top of shredded cheddar cheese. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and pour on top of crushed crackers.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and enjoy