Whole Wheat Bow Tie Pasta with Zuccini, Hard Salami,Asparagus Tips, Carotts, and Capers in a Creamy Parmesean Sauce.
I adapted it from a recipe by Jeff Smith.
We served it with "To Die for Garlic bread by Rox" from this site, and a nice green salad.
Hope you enjoy
- 1 bunch
- asparagus, use tips only reserve the rest for soup
- 2 medium
- zucchini, sliced into matchsticks
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 3/4 lb
- hard salami, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 c
- shredded carrots
- 1 c
- whipping cream, divided: 3/4 c, 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- capers chopped
- 1 lb
- whole whear bow tie pasta
- 1/2 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- garnish with chopped chives if desired
- pepper and salt to taste. note the salami is salty so don't over do it or just don't use any.
- 1 Tbsp
- corn starch to thicken 1/4 cup of whipping cream to thicken.