Whole Wheat Bow Tie Pasta with Zuccini, Hard Salami,Asparagus Tips, Carotts, and Capers in a Creamy Parmesean Sauce.
I adapted it from a recipe by Jeff Smith.
We served it with "To Die for Garlic bread by Rox" from this site, and a nice green salad.
Hope you enjoy
1 bunchasparagus, use tips only reserve the rest for soup
2 mediumzucchini, sliced into matchsticks
3 clovegarlic, minced, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
3/4 lbhard salami, sliced into matchsticks
1/2 cshredded carrots
1 cwhipping cream, divided: 3/4 c, 1/4 c
1 1/2 Tbspcapers chopped
1 lbwhole whear bow tie pasta
1/2 cparmigiano-reggiano, grated
·garnish with chopped chives if desired
·pepper and salt to taste. note the salami is salty so don't over do it or just don't use any.
1 Tbspcorn starch to thicken 1/4 cup of whipping cream to thicken.
How to Make Whole Wheat Bow Tie Pasta with Zuccini, Hard Salami,Asparagus Tips, Carotts, and Capers in a Creamy Parmesean Sauce.
- Cut up asparagus, zucchini, salami, and garlic. Bring water up to a boil for the pasta.
- Add olive oil to skillet, heat to medium high. Add garlic and red pepper flakes if using. Cook for 1 minute. Add asparagus,zucchini, carrots, and capers. Cook five minutes. Add salami and turn down to medium and cook for 10 minutes Stirring often.
- Divide the cream. Mix 1/4 cup of cream with 1 T of corn starch. Set aside. Add the remaining 3/4 cups of cream to the salami mixture. Stir well. At this time add black pepper to taste. I like a lot of it.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Turn skillet up to high and the cream, cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil to thicken. add the pasta to the skillet. Toss to coat the pasta. Check the seasoning. If needed add salt.
- Just before serving fold in the cheese. Garnish with chopped chives, parsley or extra capers. Enjoy!