Viva Italia Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. box
- preferred pasta (i like the trio italian)
- 6.5 oz jar(s)
- marinated artichokes, very well drained & cut in chunks d
- 6 oz
- can large black olives, drained well
- 20 slice
- good quality pepperoni, cut in half
- 20 slice
- genoa salami, cut in half, or about 1/3 lb cut in chunks
- 8 oz
- jar, roasted red peppers, cut in chunks
- green peppers, cut in chunks
- 1/3 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 oz
- sharp white cheddar, cut in chunks
- 16 oz
- bottle italian dressing (kraft viva italian is my fav)
- italian spices, basil, salt, pepper
How to Make Viva Italia Pasta Salad
- 1Cook pasta to firm (according to box directions). I cook in a whole peeled onion for flavor, Kosher salt, & some of the Italian dressing instead of plain olive oil.
- 2Make sure your roasted red peppers, artichokes, and sundried tomatoes if using, are well drained. (I drain them, then squeeze thru paper towels.)
- 3Drain pasta & add about 1/2 cup of Italian dressing. Stir well & refrigerate to cool for about 30 mins.
- 4Meanwhile, cut up all veggies & add some Italian dressing to them & stir. (I throw everything in a big stockpot for ample room to stir & add.)
- 5Add pasta & then season w/ ground black pepper, parmesan, basil & Italian seasonings. Stir & add more dressing.
- 6Refrigerate for about 2 hours, then stir again, & add sharp cheese chunks. Add more dressing, if needed. I normally make this the night before if it's for earlier in the day next day or early morning if I am using it that night. Get pasta out of fridge about 30 mins before using to stir & taste. I sprinkle parm on the top of the bowl too, & have added fresh basil leaves around the edges as a nice garnish. Add more dressing if needed. Enjoy!