Viva Italia Pasta Salad
16 oz. boxpreferred pasta (i like the trio italian)
6.5 oz jar(s)marinated artichokes, very well drained & cut in chunks d
6 ozcan large black olives, drained well
20 slicegood quality pepperoni, cut in half
20 slicegenoa salami, cut in half, or about 1/3 lb cut in chunks
8 ozjar, roasted red peppers, cut in chunks
2green peppers, cut in chunks
1/3 cparmesan cheese, grated
8 ozsharp white cheddar, cut in chunks
16 ozbottle italian dressing (kraft viva italian is my fav)
·italian spices, basil, salt, pepper
How to Make Viva Italia Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta to firm (according to box directions). I cook in a whole peeled onion for flavor, Kosher salt, & some of the Italian dressing instead of plain olive oil.
- Make sure your roasted red peppers, artichokes, and sundried tomatoes if using, are well drained. (I drain them, then squeeze thru paper towels.)
- Drain pasta & add about 1/2 cup of Italian dressing. Stir well & refrigerate to cool for about 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, cut up all veggies & add some Italian dressing to them & stir. (I throw everything in a big stockpot for ample room to stir & add.)
- Add pasta & then season w/ ground black pepper, parmesan, basil & Italian seasonings. Stir & add more dressing.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours, then stir again, & add sharp cheese chunks. Add more dressing, if needed. I normally make this the night before if it's for earlier in the day next day or early morning if I am using it that night. Get pasta out of fridge about 30 mins before using to stir & taste. I sprinkle parm on the top of the bowl too, & have added fresh basil leaves around the edges as a nice garnish. Add more dressing if needed. Enjoy!