By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 ozvermicelli, uncooked
1/3 cgrated parmesan cheese
2eggs, well beaten
1 lbground beef
1/2 cchopped onion
1/4 cchopped green bell pepper
8 ozstewed tomatoes
6 oztomato paste
1/2 tspgarlic salt
1 ccottage cheese, creamed
1/2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Vermicelli Pie
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions; drain.
- Stir butter and parmesan cheese into hot vermicelli.
- Add eggs, stirring well.
- Spoon into a greased 10-inch pie plate.
- Use a spoon to shape noodles into a pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 9 minutes or until set.
- Combine beef, onion and green pepper in a large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring to crumble; drain well.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread cottage cheese evenly over pie shell.
- Top with meat sauce.
- Cover with foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes; sprinkle with mozzarella, and top with pepperoni.
- Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes.
- Let stand servings.