Vermicelli By the Sea
- 1 lb
- vermicelli, cooked in crab boil, to taste
- 1 pkg
- good seasons garlic and herb salad dressing
- 2 c
- mayonnaise (1 cup can be mcllhenny spicy mayo)
- 3 1/2 lb
- boiled and peeled shrimp (medium to large) also boil in crab boil
- celery ribs, chopped
- 1 bunch
- green onions, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- (4.25 oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 jar(s)
- (4 oz,) jar of capers, drained
- 1 jar(s)
- (4 oz.) jar diced pimento, drained
- 1/2 c
- parsley, chopped
How to Make Vermicelli By the Sea
- 1Cook vermicelli, al dente, according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Note: (I like to boil the shrimp in crab boil first, scoop them out, then boil the noodles in the same water)
- 2Prepare Good Seasons dressing according to package directions, using olive oil and vinegar as specified on package. Combine with mayo Mix well. Set dressing aside.
- 3Place vermicelli, shrimp, celery, green onions, olives, capers, pimento and parsley in large bowl. Pour dressing over all and mix together. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 4If desired, garnish with fresh parsley cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, pickled okra or fresh asparagus. Looks great in a footed trifle bowl.