- 1 1/2 lb
- veal round steak
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- 3 oz
- can broiled sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp
- beef flavored gravy base
- 1/2 c
- tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped green pepper
- 4 oz
- medium noodles
- parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 dash(es)
How to Make Veal Scallopini
- 1Pound meat thoroughly with a meat mallet. Cut into serving pieces.
Coat with flour seasoned with salt, pepper, and paprika
- 2Brown in a little hot shortening.
Put in a 9x9x2 inch baking dish.
- 3Drain mushrooms, reserving the liquid. Add water to mushroom liquid to make 1/2 cup; heat to boiling.
Stir in beef flavored gravy base and pour over meat.
- 4Bake, covered, at 350 F for 30 minutes.
Combine tomato sauce, green pepper, and mushrooms.
Pour over meat and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes more.
- 5Meanwhile, cook noodles until tender in large amount boiling salted water; drain.
Baste meat with sauce just before serving.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Serve with hot buttered noodles