Ultimate & Easy Alfredo
Brenda Vander Zanden
1 Tbspall purpose flour
1 chalf-n-half or whole milk
1 tspminced garlic
1-1/2 cparmesan cheese
1/4 cparsley, fresh or 1tbs dried
2 cshredded leftover chicken breast or
1 lbthawed frozen shrimp - tails removed
1 cleftover cooked veggies
1/2 pkgramen noodles per person - discard flavor packet
How to Make Ultimate & Easy Alfredo
- In microwave, bring 4-6 C water to boil in microwave-safe bowl. When water reaches a good boil, carefully add Ramen noodles to boiling water and allow to sit on counter until tender. Drain well.
- Create a rue:
In the meantime, melt butter and garlic in a nonstick skillet. Add flour to melted butter and whisk quickly to form smooth rue. Do not overcook.
- Add half-n-half. Continue to whisk; sauce will thicken a bit.
- Add any optional ingredients at this time. Saute until warmed; sauce should re-thicken
- Add Parmesean cheese and parlsey. Saute until cheese melts. Mixture will be thick and bubbly.
- Serve over noodles.
- Cooks tip: Anytime I cook I make more than enough. The leftovers are my secret to creating fast and yummy meals like this one. To be able to pull this meal together in 15 minutes instead of drive through food on our busiest nights saves my family hundreds of dollars a year.