Udon Noodles And Bok Choy
10-oz pkgudon, lo mien or spaghetti noodles
1 mediumonion, thin sliced
1 1/2 cmushrooms, sliced
2-inchpiece ginger, thin sliced
2-3 mediumgarlic cloves, thin sliced
1 largebell pepper, julienned
1 largecup frozen edamame
3-4 pkgbaby bok choy, large slice
2 Tbsphoison sauce
4 Tbsptamari sauce
1-2 Tbsptoasted sesame oil
·sweet chili sauce, optional
How to Make Udon Noodles And Bok Choy
- Prepare the noodles as per packet instructions. I usually drain the water and rinse it lightly in cold water after cooking. I also toss it with little toasted sesame oil (about 1 tbsp or as needed; THE NOODLES WILL STICK TOGETHER) to lightly coat the noodles. Set it aside.
- Make sure to keep all the vegetables prepped since we are going to be cooking all of them on high heat and quickly. In a skillet, add 1 tbsp of toasted sesame oil/peanut oil on high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and onions.
- When slightly soft, add the bell peppers and mushrooms. When the bell peppers get slightly soft yet retain their crispiness, add the bok choy.
- When the leaves start wilting, add the noodles along with the frozen edamame.
Add the Tamari and hoisin sauce and give it a quick toss to incorporate all the vegetables together.
- Serve immediately and hot.