Turkey & Veggie Lasagna
You can use whatever sauce you like best, I use Bertoli Portabella Mushroom. Whatever sauce you use just make sure that it isn't too runny, this will make the lasagna almost watery.
If you want you can use pre-shredded cheese, I just prefer to buy blocks and shred it all myself.
If you wanted to mix the turkey, mushrooms, spinach and cheese together to make it easier to layer go for it. I have tried this but I recommend not adding the ricotta this way, just dollop it on top of each layer.
I have never tried this with any canned/frozen mushrooms or spinach, I prefer everything fresh. Hope you all like it. Have fun adding things, I sure do!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 jar(s)
- 1 lb
- ground turkey
- 1 lb
- ground turkey sausage
- fresh mushrooms
- fresh spinach
- fresh parmasean cheese
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg
- ricotta cheese
How to Make Turkey & Veggie Lasagna
- 1First you boil your noodles until just beginning to soften up nicely, about 8-10mins depending on your stove top. While noodles are boiling you can begin cutting up your mushrooms, spinach, and shredding your cheese. I chop my spinach roughly with shears just to make it lay better. You can slice the mushrooms any size you want, I leave mine a little chunky. After you take your noodles out put them into a bowl of cold water to stop them from continuing to cook.
- 2Add just a little bit of canola oil to a skillet and brown your ground turkey/sausage adding salt and pepper to taste. Then either set the meat on some paper towels or a strainer. You do not need to rinse the turkey just make sure that it is well drained. You can use ground beef but I would rinse it, it tends to be a bit more greasy than turkey.
- 3I use a 9x13x2 pan to try to avoid spill over. I first spray my pan with some canola spray to prevent sticking. Then I add a little bit of sauce to the bottom of the pan to lay the base of noodles down on. Each layer should be an even spread of meat, mushrooms, spinach, mozz cheese, parm cheese, sauce, and then dollops of ricotta cheese with noodles on top. This is the order that I put each layer together, you can do it however you want with your ingredients. I do not add any salt or pepper but you can if you want.
- 4I always reserve a bit of sauce to put on the top layer of noodles just so that they don't get too hard. Then I put cheese over the top, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45mins @ 350. I then uncover and bake for about 15mins more or until the top is browned and bubbling.
- 5Let it sit for at least 10mins before cutting, this gives it a chance to rest and soak up all of the juices. Cut it any size you want just remember, there is a lot to this lasagna.