And, yes, there was a swimming pool in the shape of Oklahoma. :)
This particular recipe comes from Southern Living's Comfort Food book without much modification.
1/2 cchicken broth
4 cchopped cooked turkey (or chicken if you prefer)
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 can(s)cream of celery soup
18 oz container of sour cream
16 oz jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cshredded parmesan cheese
·salt and pepper to taste
2 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Turkey Tetrazzini
- Cook vermicelli per package directions; drain; return to pan and toss with chicken broth.
- Preheat oven to 350. Stir together turkey, soups, sour cream, mushrooms, parmesan, salt and pepper. Add Vermicelli and toss well.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 13x9 deep baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered at 350 for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is bubbly.