The ultimate in comfort food.
1/2 largeonion, chopped
2 mediumcelery stalks, chopped
1/2 cbutter, divided
1 (12-oz) pkgwide egg noodles
2 can(s)tuna, drained
1 can(s)progresso creamy mushroom soup
1 can(s)sweet peas
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cparmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 cpanko bread crumbs, italian flavored
How to Make Tuna Casserole
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain. Pour into casserole dish, add 4 TBL. butter.
Preheat oven to 400.
- Melt 2 TBL. butter in skillet. Saute onions and celery until tender-crisp. Add soup and tuna. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Pour over noodles; mix well. Add cheddar cheese and stir until well blended. Add peas and mix in gently.
- Melt remaining 2 TBL. butter in dish. Add panko crumbs and mix well. Sprinkle on top of casserole. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes until heated through and panko crumbs are browned.