1 box(12 oz.) medium shell pasta
2 can(s)tuna, drained
2 can(s)(4 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
1 can(s)(4 oz.) peas, drained
2 can(s)(10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup
·salt & pepper to taste
2 ccrushed potato chips
How to Make Tuna Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large (6 qt) pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add 2 tsp. of salt.
- Add noodles. Cook uncovered on high heat on a rolling boil. Cook until pasta is al dente. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Add the pasta back into the pot; Add butter to pasta and stir in the mushrooms and peas, tuna, cans of cream of mushroom soup, salt and pepper to taste
- Pour contents of pot into a glass casserole or baking dish and spread evenly.
- Spread crushed potato chips or 2 cups shredded cheese if you prefer, over the top of the pasta mixture and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F in the oven, until the topping has browned.