2 can(s)tuna, canned chunks, flaked and drained
6 ozegg noodles or 2 cups
1/2 cchopped celery
1/3 cgreen onions, sliced
2/3 csour cream
1/2 tspthyme (i use 1/4 tsp as mine was ground thyme)
1/4 tspsalt, (i did not use salt)
1 smallzucchini, sliced
1 cshredded monterey jack cheese/ cheddar
1 mediumchopped tomato (optional)
How to Make Tuna Casserole
- Drain and flake the tuna.
- Set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse in hot water.
- Combine noodles with the tuna, celery and green onions.
- Blend in the sour cream, mustard, mayonnaise, thyme and salt.
- Spoon half the mixture into a buttered 2 quart casserole.
- Top with half the zucchini.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with cheese. (I used colby/jack)
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with the chopped tomato, optional.