- 4 c
- angela's meat sauce (or use your favorite)
- 2 lb
- ricotta cheese
- 8 oz
- fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese, plus 2 tablespoons
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Traditional Lasagna
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cook lasagna in salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan, eggs, and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 3In a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, spread 1/2 cup of the meat sauce.
Place 4 lasagna noodles lengthwise over the sauce, overlapping the edges.
Spread one-third of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, cover with one-fourth sauce.
Repeat layers 2 more times ending with a layer of noodles.
Spread remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with 2 TB. Parmesan cheese.
- 4Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.